Cover Photo

Cover Photo
Sometimes, there isn't a path

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Simple Pleasures

Simple Pleasures
Recently, on a cold, windy, craptastic day, I skipped my workout, ate poorly, and proceeded to beat myself up about a few things.  It was a Phil day.  Definitely not a phoenix day.  I sat at my soul-crushing cubicle (yes, I was feeling that dramatic) and saw my coffee cup. 



So.  What.  But it was a coffee cup given to me by a friend.  And it was filled with coffee that Bob made for me that morning.  From a French press (which is the best way to make coffee)  that I use because that’s how my mom makes coffee.  Coffee that conjures memories of time with my sisters, my track-biatches, my friends. 

And then I told myself to get over myself.  And I did.  I posted on Facebook a single question: “What simple pleasure will keep you sane today?”
My answer was good coffee in a fancy up and polka dots.  
Seriously.  That is what I found pleasure in at that moment. 

More than two dozen other responses filtered in…
Zappa…putting away Christmas things…running…eating chicken pot pie…looking at the snow…talking with friends…sharing a cup of coffee. 

A quote that I like came to mind throughout that day.   Life doesn't have to be perfect.  Some days suck.  But there are moments when you can decide to see simple pleasures around you for what they are.  Little gifts that you can accept. 


Want a cup of coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment