Cover Photo

Cover Photo
Sometimes, there isn't a path

Friday, September 11, 2015

Uncharted Territory

This weekend, I'm going someplace I've never been.
 
Literally, since I've never been to the Catskills.  

And figuratively, as I'm going to compete in a race, and have never feel less prepared.


My "A" race has turned into a race.  
 
This guy?  He's totally lying.  

Survival of the Shawangunks is this Sunday.  I travel with friends to compete in a crazy weird triathlon...A bike (first?) and then four runs with three swims in between.  We carry our shoes when we swim, our goggles when we run.  You have a support crew that is there to help pick up your bike and keep you moving.

And we ONLY MOVE FORWARD.  No going back to home base.  

One way up.  

To the top of Mohonk Mountain.  


In a metaphorical sense, I'm moving into unknown waters in my life, too. 
I've created circumstances that forced change quickly.  Every place I'm going right now is new. 
Pretty scary.  My story is unfolding, whether I'm ready to turn the next page or not.  


I have friends and family to help me navigate the waters without drowning, to pick up my pieces.  So, there's that.  

I've never felt less prepared. But.  I can only move forward.  One way up.  So I can see the horizon again sometime. 



1 comment:

  1. My sister, you are brave and strong. Sharing your journey with us, through pictures and quotes and stories is all part of the process, and I think I speak for everyone that we want to share that with you! As Rilke writes, "Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror./Just keep going. No feeling is final."

    ReplyDelete